Are you located in a flood plain?
The Township Building Department is responsible for enforcement of the State of Michigan Building Codes. The Building Department provides the construction permits and inspection services as required under the Michigan Building Codes.
12000 Davisburg Rd.
Davisburg, MI 48350
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (248) 846-6517
Fax: (248) 846-6547
All building permit applications are located in the Permits and Forms section.
Application for a building permit is made to the Building Department by either a licensed contractor or a homeowner. In either case, a signed application must be completely filled out and accompanied by three (3) sets of construction plans (signed by the developer of architectural control committee, if necessary), a scaled plot plan showing dimensions from lot lines, a valid septic permit, a valid well permit, a driveway permit (if road is public), and a soil erosion permit, if necessary.
The completed application is reviewed for compliance to Township ordinance and Michigan Construction Codes. The applications are reviewed in order of date received.
The applicant is notified when the permit is ready for pick up or if further information is required.
Important Building Permit Information:
- A sign with your property’s address must be posted and visible from the road before any inspections will be done.
- The total of all attached and detached accessory buildings located on a parcel are subject to maximum lot coverage requirements and restrictions in floor area based on parcel size. Call the Building Department for details. You will need to supply us with the square footage of your property to determine the size allowable for accessory structures.
- Please be advised that any new additions will result in an increase in your taxable value. If you have questions, contact the Assessing Office.
- All requirements posted on this web site are Township requirements. Please check with your subdivision or association for additional requirements.
- For complete zoning requirements and restrictions you should refer to Zoning Section of the Springfield Township Code of Ordinances.