The Road Commission for Oakland County has put together a short video regarding road winter maintenance. The video gives a behind the scenes look at our preparations, and our snowplow drivers share some insight for the driving public.
- The video covers the annual cost of winter maintenance by the Road Commission
- Number of trucks deployed during a storm
- Types of snowplows and what they are used for
- Snow route mile lengths and time to complete average route
- How temperature factors into how the storm is addressed
- Tips from our snowplow drivers and common misconceptions