Oakland County Equalization
250 Elizabeth Lake Rd
Suite 1000 West
Pontiac, MI 48341
Office Hours (Oakland County Equalization):
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Phone: (248) 858-0776
Fax: (248) 975-4401
Protests of the value placed on property may be filed with the March Board of Review. The dates of Board of Review are listed on the assessment change notice that is mailed in February and are also published in the Oakland Press newspaper. You may appeal by letter or appear in person. You must call or schedule an appointment to appear in person before the Board of Review which is conducted in early March each year. To schedule an appointment call Oakland County Equalization at (248) 858-0776.
March Board of Review
- 2020 Board of Review Meeting Dates
- Petition to Board of Review
- Board of Review Frequently Asked Questions
Property Tax Exemptions
All parties wishing to appeal on the basis of FINANCIAL NEED must complete a Property Tax Exemption Application and return it to the Assessing Office. The appeal is for real property taxes and cannot include special assessments. Final determination is made by the Board of Review.
Principal Residence Exemption - Forms and Guidelines
Exemption from certain portions of property taxes can be granted for your principal residence. You must complete the applicable form (see below) and submit it to the Assessing Department. Some of the forms are fillable, and require Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded here.
- Principal Residence Exemption - Active Duty Military Form
- Principal Residence Exemption - Affidavit Form
- Principal Residence Exemption - Conditional Rescission Form
- Principal Residence Exemption - Conditional Rescission - FAQ
- Principal Residence Exemption - Guidelines
- Principal Residence Exemption - Request to Rescind Form
Michigan Department of Treasury
Lansing, MI 48922
Disabled Veterans Property Tax Exemption
Are you a 100% Disabled Veteran?
Click here for Tax Exemption Eligibility Information & Affidavits.
Disabled Veterans Exemption FAQ